Brownie Movie Camera f/2.7
The Brownie 8 mm. Movie Camera was introduced by the Eastman Kodak Company of Rochester, U.S.A. and first imported into Britain in 1955. In the following year British production of the same model began at the Harrow factory of Kodak Limited.
The first series was fitted with a single ƒ 2.7 lens and open frame finder. In 1957 a model II was introduced with “Sundial” type exposure calculator incorporated in the front panel. In 1958 a new lens with maximum aperture of ƒ 1.9 was fitted, and the open frame finder was superseded by an optical finder with plastic front and rear elements. A more powerful spring motor, providing a continuous run of 9 ft. of film (40 seconds of screen time) at one winding, was also fitted at this time.